Laurie – When it comes to developing psychic abilities, most people are focused on what they can do to enhance their psychic abilities. However, many are doing things that in fact, are slowing down the process. There are 5 things that can block psychic abilities that many are unaware of. Simply by avoiding these 5 things, you will naturally become more psychic.
5 Things That Block Your Psychic Abilities
1. Ingesting toxic substances such as: cigarettes, coffee, drugs, alcohol, and sugar. These substances are often abused by people. I believe even if you use these substances in moderation you are walking a fine line between unhealthy habits and overindulgent behavior.
When we give into addiction, we are allowing negative emotional attachments to possibly attach to our auric field causing us to leak energy and lower our vibrations. Never, ever go into an altered state for a reading, meditation and or healing under the influence of mind altering substances!!
2. Participating in drama and gossip dims our vibrations. When we are talking about others in a negative way, we are harming the soul of another. This is a lower consciousness activity. By directing hurtful words towards another we are moving away from raising our consciousness by participating in words and emotions that have lower thoughtforms attached to them. Walk away from drama and gossip. Did you know that you do not have to be in the same room to hurt another soul? Words are energy, emotions are energy, they have an equal effect as being in the same room or in a different place than we are. The result is the same.
3. Allowing the negative ego to get out of control will most certainly stop your progression as a budding intuitive. I am talking about using your psychic abilities unethically such as: spying on others – a definite NO NO, trying to use your gift to influence others out of your need for control, and trying to one-up others by showing off your psychic abilities.
4. Not creating a safe and protected working environment for your spiritual practices such as meditation, readings and healings. If we do not clear and keep ourselves and spaces energetically clean we can leave the door open for unwanted energy to come in.
5. Not setting boundaries and knowing your limitations is always a dangerous thing! Doing any psychic work when you are sick, tired or in a really unhealthy emotional place is going to shut down your psychic abilities instantly. It is important for us to take our psychic temperature each and every time we intend to open up ourselves psychically and be honest with ourselves and our limitations.
Developing your psychic abilities can be and is fun, useful, important and a gift for each of us. If you don’t know where to begin, please seek out a teacher and or mentor through researching your area or requesting a referral from a trusted acquaintance.
SF Source Dreamcatcher Reality Sep 2020